Friday, February 13, 2015

Happy Birthday Mom!



Yesterday my sweet Mom would have turned 80 years old.  I can't tell you how much I miss her!  I was feeling sad and talking with my great niece Hailey on Sunday morning and telling her that it was going to be Gigi's birthday on Thursday.  She was so cute and immediately said, "Let's have a party!" and asked if we could go to the cemetery.  I was so impressed with her and her tender spirit! 

Dad, Laurie, Krista, her girls and I decided to go to the cemetery after work yesterday and to have Happy Meals at McDonalds to celebrate.  Mom always loved a good Happy Meal from McDonalds.

I picked up a beautiful wreath with pink berries that reminded me of Mom and pink balloons. We all met at the cemetery.  When we got there, there were already pink birthday balloons from Uncle Mike.  What a thoughtful man he is.  

Thanks Hailey for the great idea!  I'm so grateful you are in my life!

I love you Mom and miss you every single day!



1 comment:

  1. I love Hailey's birthday party for Mom. What a sweet and thoughtful little girl. I'm so glad you were able to pull off such a fun time in a little bit of time. You done good! SLY Rob

    ReplyDelete