Tuesday, August 5, 2014

June 26, 2014 - My Saddest Day Ever!


I have some very sad news.  My sweet Mom passed away on June 26.  She caught pneumonia and it took her so fast.  I am so grateful that I lived close to her and got to spend so much time with her.  The last week we were able to do so many fun things together.  The Saturday before she died we went to Target and she rode a jazzy cart for the first time, she was a little scary but she was so brave.  That afternoon we went out to lunch at Pei Wei which she always called Pee Wee.  We also went and saw the movie Malificent with Angelina Jollie.  It was a great movie.  On Sunday night I called her up and asked her if she was in the mood to go for a drive.  I was surprised that she was.  We drove over by the beautiful Draper temple and drove through the parking lot.  We also drove by all the ginormous homes around the temple.  It was so nice to get to spend the time with her.  Tuesday night she was feeling horrible.  Wednesday I left work to take her to the Dr.  I was so blessed to get to spend the afternoon and early evening with her.  Before I left I rubbed her feet with lotion and put a movie on the tv for her.  I called her before I went to bed to see how she was doing.  My dear Dad called at 4:45 and said I think your Mom’s gone.  I flew into clothes and headed over and she was gone.  


I have so many fun memories with her for the past few weeks of her life.  I loved getting to take her to taipan and to the quilted bear with Hailey.  I loved meeting Krista and her girls at Kohls with Mom and letting the girls push her in the wheel chair.  I loved our last trip to Kohls and shopping for Fathers' Day.  She always had such great taste.  She picked out my living room and my bedroom furniture. 


She always knew how to find the best in me. She was my greatest cheerleader and my biggest fan.   She was one classy and sassy woman and would never be seen without her lipstick or her beads.  That’s probably why I love wearing lipstick.   


She was such an example to me.  I am so grateful for her positive attitude and for her strength.  I never heard her complain.  I will miss my shopping partner and best friend!  I love you Mom!


Below is her Obituary.


Glenys Rae
1935 ~ 2014
Our delightful Wife, Mother, Grammy and Gigi returned home to our Heavenly Father in her sleep early Thursday morning, June 26, 2014. Glenys Rae was born the first of five children to Archie and Elaine Brown on February 12, 1935 in McCammon, Idaho. She graduated from East High in 1953 and then went to Beauty School. Her sweet aunt introduced her to one of her favorite BYU students, Jay, who lived in her basement and they were married on June 3, 1955 for time and eternity in the Salt Lake LDS Temple.
She and her loving husband Jay of 59 years are the parents of 5 children. Laurie (Mike), Robynn (Dick), Ric (Kathy), Elaine and Jeffrey (Jenn).  Glenys was blessed with 15 wonderful Grandchildren and now has 23 Great Grandchildren. Glenys had a way of making them all feel like they were her favorite.
Home was Glenys' favorite place to be surrounded by those she loved. Nothing would make her happier than to have unexpected visits from her family. Grandchildren always knew right where her treasure baskets of toys were and would head that way after a tight squeeze.
Glenys was very talented and crafty. She had a love for making everything beautiful around her. She enjoyed making porcelain dolls, sewing and crocheting.
Glenys was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and loved serving in the church. She served in multiple callings but her favorites were Cub Scouts, Homemaking and serving as an Ordinance Worker in the Jordan River Temple. She and Jay served a mission to the Indiana, Indianapolis Mission in 1990-91. This mission proved to be a legacy for missionaries in her family. All ten of her grandsons and two of her granddaughters also served missions and could count on a weekly letter from her with a crisp $5.00 bill.
Glenys' family will be her legacy for generations to come. She had a strong testimony of the Gospel and a Love for our Savior Jesus Christ. She always knew how to find the best in us all. She was one classy and sassy woman and would never be seen without her lipstick or her beads on.




3 comments:

  1. Well said Lani! What a blessing you have been in Mom's life since the day you were born. She adores you Lani and I'm sure is watching over you every day from heaven above. I LOVE you too! SLY Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! I'm so lucky that right as I lost my Nana I got to adopt a Gram.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! You have blessed your Mamas life so much. She could not have hoped for a better daughter! You were always so wonderful to her.

    ReplyDelete